Our mission is to teach teachers inquiry-based facilitation methods that use art to create language-rich environments in early childhood classrooms.
What We Offer
We offer long-term programs that include coaching: Early Language and Literacies through Art (ELLA), and short-term one or two-day workshops that may be designed for your particular audience, interests, or needs.
Early Languages and Literacies through Art (ELLA)
ELLA is a professional development program that teaches teachers how to facilitate language- rich, open-ended discussions with pre-schoolers. ELLA meets standards, early childhood assessments, and school readiness requirements. It benefits both teachers and learners by offering them the skills needed for a long lasting, sustainable environment of inquiry that transfers across all disciplines and domains in the early childhood classroom.
All professional development programs, long-term or one-day workshops, include:
- Opportunity to question and be curious
- Authentic art making and/or viewing
- Open-ended and participant-centered activities
- Individual and group work
- Reflection on personal art making, viewing, and/or facilitation
- Reflection on experiences with children
- Meet kindergarten readiness skills needed for the Common Core State Standards
- Meet Creative Curriculum Pre-school Objectives for Development and Learning